We have released HelpSmith version 5.1. This minor version update includes the following improvements and problem fixes.
Now it is possible to quickly add a number of “Topic Links” to the Table of Contents (TOC):
The single Table of Contents introduced with HelpSmith 5.0 allows you to add links to existing topics. Such “topic links” are useful since they can be added to different places of the TOC while linking to the same help topics.
In HelpSmith 5.1 we’ve implemented a possibility that allows you to create a number of topic links quickly. There are two ways to do so:
- You can select topics in the Project Manager, and then select “Create Topic Link” from the right-click popup menu. In this case, topic links will be added to the same parent node.
- Alternatively, you can use the drag-n-drop method: select topics, start dragging them, press and hold down the Alt key, move the topics to a heading item or to another topic. In this case, topic links will be added as child items to the item you need.
Web Help-related fixes and other improvements:
- Web Help: a topic opened by a direct link is now marked as selected in all browsers.
- Web Help: Back/forward buttons did not work in Google Chrome.
- Word Processor: Added Ctrl+U shortcut for text underline.
You can download the latest HelpSmith version here.