We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 3.1. This update includes improvements and minor bug fixes. You can find the full list of changes below.
– Improved the HTML export engine used for the HTML Help and Web Help output formats.
– Added new pre-built topic templates to the New Template dialog-box.
– The built-in word processor now tries to recognize the correct text style or uses the Normal style when typing text after a non-text object.
– Implemented the “Add to Dictionary” command for the word processor’s right-click popup menu.
– The dialog-box for editing table borders now allows you to select all of the borders simultaneously.
– The Save button of the Print Preview window did not work in case when the default filename, generated by the Project’s or Topic’s title, contained unallowed characters.
– Some parameters of the selected table cells could not be modified simultaneously.
– The Properties command of the word processor’s right-click popup menu did not allow editing properties of a table.
– The Spell Checker’s option “Ignore Words in Uppercase” did not work for text with the “All Caps” attribute.
– Fixed a minor bug with graphical file filters in the Open File dialog-box.
– Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
You can download the latest HelpSmith version using this link.