We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 3.2. This new version introduces new features, includes important improvements and minor bug fixes.
- A completely new spell checking engine and dictionaries for different languages are now available.
- A new customizable Project Merge feature with support for different Merge Modes, making it possible to import help topics, topic templates, and other elements from other help projects. This new functionality is useful for collaborative working on a single help system, for translation purposes, and for creating libraries of help topics and topic templates.
- The Tools|Export Context Numbers feature now supports C# and VB.NET formats.
- The File|Import feature now restores the original folder structure and filenames of the graphical files, which are used in the imported HTML files. Also, imported PNG files now do not lose the extension.
- A number of improvements made to the Ruler tool: better working with different measurements; now the Ruler allows you to change a specific indent without changing the indents and tab stop positions, which are not the same for all of the selected paragraphs; other minor improvements made.
- The Media Repository window now displays icons for different file types.
- In Windows 7, the HelpSmith’s Task-Bar Button now displays the progress during the compilation of a help project.
- The Find window is now available at the Keyword Properties dialog-box similarly to the Browse for Topic(Template) dialog-box.
- The Find and Replace dialog-box now remembers search entries in case of an unsuccessful search.
- The Hyperlink, Contents Item, and Help Window dialog-boxes now save previously used URL addresses.
- The Contents Item Properties dialog-box now allows you to set an item icon as the default choice for a new contents item addition.
- Fixed problems with printing help topics from the HTML Help Viewer and from a browser program (for a Web Help system).
- Fixed a number of issues related to Bulleted and Numbered lists: incorrect behavior of the counter for multi-level lists; the tool-bar buttons Numbering and Bullets now use settings from the last selected item on the appropriate Tab at the Bullets and Numbering dialog-box, which makes it possible to configure the buttons; a new user interface for the Customize Level dialog-box, which also fixes an issue with setting a correct alignment mode due to using absolute positions; other minor fixes made.
- The buttons Decrease Indent/Increase Indent did not change the Level attribute of the selected paragraphs and did not move the tab stop which is used for the alignment of a Bulleted or Numbered list.
- The Paragraph Properties dialog-box now does not have an issue with setting the Indentation as Hanging. Now it uses absolute positions and allows you to select the Indentation mode similarly to Microsoft Word.
- Fixed a minor issue related to Tab Stops behavior in the HelpSmith’s word processor.
You can download the latest HelpSmith version using this link.