We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 3.3. The new version includes improved Unicode support, the possibility to use video clips in Flash and other formats, better security and compatibility of Web Help with recent versions of the Google Chrome browser, as well as some other new features and improvements.
Below is the full list of changes made in HelpSmith 3.3:
New Features and Improvements:
- Improved Unicode support: all text controls now allow you to type text in multiple languages simultaneously.
- Added the possibility to use video clips: Flash (SWF), QuickTime, and other formats are supported.
- Web Help running from the local machine is now compatible with recent versions of Google Chrome.
- Improved the Search feature in Web Help: the found keywords are now highlighted in topic text.
- Two options added: “Force UTF-8 for URls” and “Force UTF-8 for mailto links”.
- Better security of Web Help.
- The names of user variables are now Unicode.
Minor bug fixes:
- It is now possible to use national characters in the names of video files.
- The code page set for an individual topic was ignored and the similar project option was used instead.
- The Table of Contents did not display Unicode characters in case if the project used an ANSI code page.
- Fixed an issue with using transparent PNG images.
- Fixed minor issues with resizing some tables.
- Fixed an issue with using the Greek language in the Table of Contents of an HTML Help system.
You can download the latest HelpSmith version using this link.