We have released HelpSmith 6.4 that allows you to add navigation links to your help system, provides the possibility to integrate a Web Help system into a web page by using iframe, and also includes other minor improvements.
Add Navigation Links to Your Help System
With HelpSmith 6.4, you can add navigation links or buttons to your help system. The navigation links in a help system are used to toggle between previous, next, first and last topics.
It should be pointed out that HelpSmith allows you to select which types of links will be displayed in the help system. Also, you can customize the style of your navigation buttons by selecting one of the existing style schemes or by specifying an image file for each link type.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- A Web Help system can now be integrated into a web page by using iframe.
- When opening a topic by a topic link in the TOC, the Breadcrumb object now shows the topic path properly.
- Fixed an error that happened during the compilation of an HTML Help (CHM) file containing an AVI, WMV, or MPG video file.
- Fixed an issue with storage of toolbar settings.
- Other improvements and minor bug fixes.
You can download the latest HelpSmith version here.